- JDK 6 (JDK7 will also work)
- Eclipse Modeling 3.7.2 or newer (we regularly test and develop with Eclipse 4.2 Juno)
Xtext SDK 2.3, Xtend SDK 2.3
- available from http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/tmf/xtext/updates/composite/releases/
- it is best to start with the Juno Modeling Tools distribution and then install Xtext and Xtend from the Eclipse Marketplace
- Warning! There are known issues with the upcoming Xtext/Xtend 2.4 release. As of now, you cannot use EMF-IncQuery with this version.
Some tips for the installation:
- Uncheck "Contact all update sites during install to find required software" to ensure reasonable performance during the installation process
- If you have some other Eclipse Indigo installation, make sure to uninstall older versions of Xtext, Xtend and MWE2 before installing Xtext and Xtend 2.3
- Only check Xtext SDK and Xtend SDK features, the rest will be added automatically
- It is best to use a fresh, new workspace for experimentation
Update site for EMF-IncQuery:
EMF-IncQuery is available from eclipse.org - see http://eclipse.org/incquery/download.php
Creating your first query
The built-in cheat sheet should help you with the first steps. We also maintain a web-based tutorial here. Additionally, you can check the School and BPMN introductory walkthrough examples to help you get started.
You can find a list of more complex examples here.
A few pointers to move on from here: